caution to the wind

updates

january 8

we are having a winter staff search that last until january 31!

may 19

using tinypic? please read this announcement!

the admin team

annie, nicole

the graphics team

jurate

the coding team

kris

the security team

raa, charlie, chelle, robin

the advertising team

josie, shadia
rules members search galleries templates skins challenges advertising

Add Reply
New Poll

Winter 2018 Staff Search, closes January 31
thunderstruck
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 07:58 AM

Nicole

administrator

pronouns: she/her

4675 posts

caution staff search

january 8 - january 31

Hello there Caution! Welcome to our Winter 2018 Staff Search!

In the next three weeks, we are seeking out additional coding, graphics, and advertising moderators to round out the teams we have already.

This round, you will be allowed to apply via personal message! We encourage you to still reply to this thread, but if you're not comfortable doing so, please send your application to either of the admins (myself or Annie).

Sometimes applying for a staff position can seem intimidating or scary. It's not! Our staff team is a group of kind, excitable people who very much look forward to having new people joining our ranks. We don't have a strict definition for what makes someone a good candidate for our staff team, but we mainly look for someone who has regular activity and who has a desire to help us continue to maintain and build Caution's community.

Below you will find information about the open positions on our team. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to an administrator!

graphics moderators (3-4):

A graphics moderator is responsible for all things involving graphics:

• Taking requests (in their flower shops and/or the requests forum)
  • Answering graphics help questions
  • Creating resources such as premade icons for the use of Caution members
  • Monthly graphics challenges
  • Graphics gallery advancement

coding moderators (3-4):

Coding moderators are responsible for pretty much anything that falls under the umbrella of coding:

• Filling requests (in personal bird houses and/or the requests forum)
  • Assisting with coding help questions
  • Providing coding resources such as templates for the members of Caution
  • Monthly coding challenges
  • Coding gallery advancement

Coding mods need to be proficient in their coding knowledge in order to successfully assist members.

Graphics and coding moderators are asked to complete 5 activities per month. For example, a coding moderator could do 2 help threads, 1 request, and post 2 resources to pass their monthly activity check.

advertising moderators (2-3):

Advertising moderators are responsible for maintaining the advertising section of Caution:

• Accepting advertisements
  • Pending advertisements
  • Ad cleanouts

If any of these descriptions sound like something you might like to do, we highly encourage you to apply by posting with the form below or pm'ing the form to an admin! We don't have any requirements to apply other than the actual act of applying, though we would always advise you to be active around Caution. Please make sure you include the information in the form below, but beyond that you're free to get creative with it -- code it if you desire, make your answers as long or short as you want as long as all questions are fully answered.

The staff search will end Wednesday, January 31.

CODE
[b]name/alias:[/b]
[b]preferred pronouns:[/b]
[b]age:[/b]

[b]team choices:[/b] please list them in the order of interest, ie saying "coding, advertising" would indicate that you're interested primarily in coding but also in ads
[b]time zone:[/b]
[b]caution join date:[/b]

[b]prior experience:[/b] links to other sites you've administrated/ran or been a mod at, etc.
[b]examples of work:[/b] you must provide links (as many as you can) for your best work. coding, post any skins/templates/etc. you've made. graphics, post graphic resources/sigs/site graphics you've made. resources, any templates/graphics you've provided. links to your galleries would also be great, especially if they aren't in your mini!

[b]test run:[/b] you have two scenarios you can choose to write a pm for:

(1) on caution, graphics and coding moderators are responsible for independently handling any minor issues that arise in their sections. one such example of a minor issue is the following scenario:

member X has posted up two requests in either the coding or graphics section. as a moderator, you need to send them a message letting them know that this is against the rules so that they are aware of the problem and a resolution can be found.

(2) as with the above, advertising moderators on caution are responsible for any minor issues that arise in the advertising directory. one example of a minor issue is as follows:

member X has bumped their advertisement early. as a moderator, you need to send them a message reminding them about the bumping rules so that they are aware of the issue as well as letting them know what action you are taking (as a hint: for a first time problem, you might just delete their early bump!).

please write the pm that you would send to member X in your chosen situation.

[quote]your pm here -- you can delete or keep the scenario from your application, whichever you prefer![/quote]

[b]what's your favourite part of roleplaying?:[/b]
[b]tell us about you:[/b] describe your life offline, school, interests, your dog, etc. we just want to know you!
[b]anything else we might need to know:[/b]

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
SherrAngel6
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 03:54 PM

Sherr

caution member

pronouns: She/Her/Hers

37 posts

name/alias: Sherr
preferred pronouns: She/Her/Hers

team choices: advertising, graphics (I am open to either one)
time zone: EST (GMT -5:00)
caution join date: October 26, 2017

prior experience: N/A
examples of work: ONE, TWO, THREE

test run: on caution, graphics and coding moderators are responsible for independently handling any minor issues that arise in their sections. one such example of a minor issue is the following scenario:

member X has posted up two requests in either the coding or graphics section. as a moderator, you need to send them a message letting them know that this is against the rules so that they are aware of the problem and a resolution can be found.

please write the pm that you would send to member X in this situation.

Member X,

While your request for a graphic is appreciated here at Caution, I must tell you that only one request is allowed. Recently, you've made a request here. The other request you made, which is located here, has been frozen until further notice. You are more than welcome to post in this thread to move your previous request back once the request you originally made has been filled.

If you were to have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me or another staff member.

- Sherr & The Graphics Staff

what's your favourite part of roleplaying?: I love everything about roleplaying.

tell us about you: Hi, everybody! My name is Sherryl, but you may call me Sherr if you'd like. I signed up for caution to the wind about two and a half months ago and I love it here. Offline, I do online college courses every week except if I am off for a period of time due to vacation or something depending on the day the term starts (if you're looking for days specifically, it's Monday through Thursday of every week. I am currently in my third term as we speak.)

anything else we might need to know: If I so happen to be a moderator and I am away or know I am going to be away, even if I am taking a break, I will let someone know or leave an away message.
PMEmail
^
stealing cinderella
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 04:46 PM

marie

caution member

pronouns: she/her

693 posts

name/alias: marie
preferred pronouns: she + her

team choices: advertising
time zone: eastern (gmt -5)
caution join date: i've been around since the first incarnation of caution so i don't quite remember those join dates, but i did follow the move to jcink and joined cttw on july 17, 2015.

prior experience:
ignite your bones - current administrator. i've been a staff member on ignite since january 2016 when i joined as a mod before being promoted to admin in april of 2016. i took a brief hiatus due to extremely personal reasons from february 28, 2017 until may 7, 2017 when i rejoined the site and staff.

--- i feel these links below are slightly outdated at this point, but i wanted to include them just in case. ---

caution 2.0 - august 2014 to may 2015. i was on the interview team from august until april 2015 when i switched to advertising. i ended up stepping down from the staff team in may 2015.

shine - december 2014 to july 2015. i was a peacekeeping mod until i became the peacekeeping global mod in april 2015 (if my dates are correct) until i stepped down in july 2015.

a thousand fireflies - january 2014 to november 2016. i was an advertising mod from january 2014 until november 2014 when i briefly switched to security for a two week stint before being promoted to global moderator, also in november 2014. i joined the admin team in february 2015. i remained an administrator until i stepped down in november 2016.

examples of work: although this isn't super relevant to the position that i'm applying for, i have a link to my graphics gallery in my mini-profile. i also have a link in my signature to psd's that i've provided on cttw. as i grow more comfortable and knowledgeable within photoshop, i plan on releasing more psd's as well as taking graphic requests. in my spare time, i'm also learning how to code so i'm hoping to eventually release some codes, but it won't be until months from now as i'm very much so a beginner.

test run: member X has bumped their advertisement early. as a moderator, you need to send them a message reminding them about the bumping rules so that they are aware of the issue as well as letting them know what action you are taking (as a hint: for a first time problem, you might just delete their early bump!).

please write the pm that you would send to member X in your chosen situation.

Member X,

Hello there! I'm Marie, one of Caution's advertisement moderators. <p>

While browsing the advertising section, I noticed that you bumped your advertisement early. As stated in our advertising rules (located here), we have a rule that states you may only bump your advertisement seven days from the last post, regardless of whether that post was made by a caution mod or a staff member on your site.

Due to this, I have deleted your early bump post. If this becomes a recurring problem, further action may be taken - including but not limited to archiving your advertisement and/or not allowing your site to advertise with Caution.

Kind Regards,
Marie & The CTTW Advertising Team

what's your favourite part of roleplaying?: there's so much that i love about roleplaying that i can't pick just one. my first favorite part is character creation. i enjoy being able to work on characters that have in-depth stories and then write and develop them. i find it so much fun to bring them to life so to speak. i love, love, love this part partially due to the research that is sometimes involved. i love to make sure things are as realistic as they can be so i'm constantly learning about other cultures, religions, work environments, etc as i begin working on a new character.

my other favorite part is making connections with my fellow roleplayers and creating friendships. i've met some of the best people from roleplay and i'm so thankful to have them in my life. some of them have been there for me more than people in my offline life, which is at times mind boggling, but it's so nice to have connections and friendships with people.

tell us about you: hello hello!! my name is marie and i'm twenty-four years old, turning twenty-five in june. i live in the midwestern united states and lemme tell you, i can't wait to leave the midwest behind. i'm currently a college junior studying for my bachelor's degree in psychology and i'm so excited and nervous at the same time. i'm currently unemployed, but i'm very much so hoping to change that soon because i miss making money tbh. i'm obsessed with the good place, marvel's agents of shield, anything marvel lbr, and i'm into probably far more fandoms than i should be.

i enjoy spending time with my family, cuddling with my cat, video games, watching youtubers, writing, reading, and watching netflix. i love starbucks and coffee in general. in fact, i'm drinking a cup of coffee right now. i have a tendency to sometimes get carried away and ramble so i do apologize if the length of this application is completely insane! i also love to use exclamation marks and get easily excited about the smallest thing.

2017 was a year of reflection for me and i feel as though i've changed a lot about myself. i'm slowly starting to become more confident in myself and my abilities. i don't react anymore with the facts and i have a habit of sometimes playing devil's advocate so that both sides to the story are heard and all of the facts are analyzed. in the past couple of years, i feel as though i've really matured. i know that i still have a lot of work to go, but i'm becoming much happier with who i am and accepting myself - flaws included.

anything else we might need to know: i check cttw almost daily from my phone at the very least, but i love to lurk inside of the roleplay discussion forums and offer my input whenever i think it's relevant or i have a pet peeve i need to get off my chest.

currently, my family and i are planning on moving in march, but it's not a move across states. we're simply moving out of our apartment building into a house. we'll have our own washer and dryer back!!! i'm more excited about that than i probably should, but y'all, it's so not fun having to share two washers and two dryers with seven other units in our building.

anyways, i digress. i don't see myself having to take an extremely long absence - perhaps only a two week absence at most. since we live in a tiny apartment, we don't have a lot of space so packing is going to be extremely easy. i feel confident in my abilities that i'll be able to handle staffing on cttw during the move; however, i completely understand if this makes you all hesitant in hiring me onto the staff team.

--------------------

marie; 24; gmt -5 (eastern); pm for discord

jan. 16th hey hey!! i'm marie and i'm usually lurking and posting in the rp discussion boards. i love cats, video games, marvel, dc, kolvina, and harry potter. if you ever want to chat, pls feel free to pm me for my discord. <3
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by marv for caution's spring skin contest

STAFF SEARCH!

Apply to join our coding, graphics, and advertising team!

This round, we are accepting applications by PM. We also have included more specific information about our activity checks in the search.

view info and apply!!!
[close]