sarri, sadie

the coding team

missy, noä

the security team

raa, charlie, chelle, robin

the advertising team

carrie, josie, lena, shadia

july 2

we are currently running a staff search and member feedback survey!!

may 19

using tinypic? please read this announcement!

Add Reply
New Poll

Summer Staff Search 2017, July 2nd - July 23rd
thunderstruck
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 03:14 PM

Nicole

administrator

pronouns: she/her

4504 posts

caution staff search

july 2 - july 23

Hello there Caution! Welcome to our Summer 2017 Staff Search!

In the next three weeks, we are seeking out additional coding and graphics moderators to round out the teams we have already. If you enjoy making graphics or coding, please read on!

We are also running a Member Feedback Survey which you can find HERE. It will be open for the foreseeable future.

Sometimes applying for a staff position can seem intimidating or scary. It's not! Our staff team is a group of kind, excitable people who very much look forward to having new people joining our ranks. We don't have a strict definition for what makes someone a good candidate for our staff team, but we mainly look for someone who has regular activity and who has a desire to help us continue to maintain and build Caution's community.

Below you will find information about the open positions on our team. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to an administrator!

graphics moderators 3-4:

A graphics moderator is responsible for all things involving graphics:

• Taking requests (in their flower shops and/or the requests forum)
  • Answering graphics help questions
  • Creating resources such as premade icons for the use of Caution members
  • Monthly graphics challenges
  • Graphics gallery advancement

coding moderators 3-4:

Coding moderators are responsible for pretty much anything that falls under the umbrella of coding:

• Filling requests (in personal bird houses and/or the requests forum)
  • Assisting with coding help questions
  • Providing coding resources such as templates for the members of Caution
  • Monthly coding challenges
  • Coding gallery advancement

Coding mods need to be proficient in their coding knowledge in order to successfully assist members.

If any of these descriptions sound like something you might like to do, we highly encourage you to apply by posting with the form below! We don't have any requirements to apply other than the actual act of applying, though we would always advise you to be active around Caution. Please make sure you include the information in the form below, but beyond that you're free to get creative with it -- code it if you desire, make your answers as long or short as you want as long as all questions are fully answered.

The staff search will end Sunday, July 23rd.
CODE
[b]name/alias:[/b]
[b]preferred pronouns:[/b]
[b]age:[/b]

[b]team choice:[/b] example: coding -- you may apply for both, if you feel you would be an asset to both teams!
[b]time zone:[/b]
[b]caution join date:[/b]

[b]prior experience:[/b] links to other sites you've administrated/ran or been a mod at, etc.
[b]examples of work:[/b] you must provide links (as many as you can) for your best work. coding, post any skins/templates/etc. you've made. graphics, post graphic resources/sigs/site graphics you've made. resources, any templates/graphics you've provided. links to your galleries would also be great, especially if they aren't in your mini!

[b]test run:[/b] on caution, graphics and coding moderators are responsible for independently handling any minor issues that arise in their sections. one such example of a minor issue is the following scenario:

member X has posted up two requests in either the coding or graphics section, whichever you are applying for. as a moderator, you need to send them a message letting them know that this is against the rules so that they are aware of the problem and a resolution can be found.

please write the pm that you would send to member X in this situation.

[quote]your pm here -- you can delete or keep the scenario from your application, whichever you prefer![/quote]

[b]what's your favourite part of making graphics or coding? (we're just curious!!):[/b]
[b]tell us about you:[/b] describe your life offline, school, interests, your dog, etc. we just want to know you!
[b]anything else we might need to know:[/b]

--------------------
PMAIM
^
sempiterno.
 Posted: Jul 3 2017, 12:16 PM

kris

caution member

pronouns: they / their

162 posts

apparently we're orange now.

a love story by kris

demographics
hey i'm kris! my pronouns are they/their and i'm 25 years old. i live in wny which means i'm in eastern standard time (-5.00)
time at caution
i joined caution back when we were still on invisionfree. i haven't been very post-heavy / active before this past year or so though because i'm a shy child and needed promtping to actually live my best life and speak up around here. :)
prior experience and examples
i've admin'ed my fair share of sites over the years. most recently, HTFA which just celebrated its first birthday, and i also was the admin of GGAG, where you can still see all of the custom site codes that i made, as well as the modifications that i made to this original skin by lauz. before that, i was a moderator on RAB which was open for two and a half years before closing. Everything else is going to be linked in my gallery and testing ground.
test run
hi member x!

i'm contacting you today because we noticed that you currently have two requests open in the coding requests forum here and here. while we understand that you may be in need of both of these codes, caution only allows one coding request to be open at a time. if you haven't already checked them out you can read caution's request rules here.

i have archived both posts, however you are more than welcome to post here to reopen whichever coding request you wish to have completed first. you can request the second once that request has been fulfilled.

if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reply to this message or contact another member of staff.

thanks!
kris & the caution staff

what do you like about your craft
i really love the challenge that coding brings. it makes you think about things a little bit differently and plus it's definitely a lot of fun to create things for people to use that they wouldn't be able to create themselves!
tell us about yourself
so currently i work a full time job, and i also go to school full time. i'm a us customs broker (basically i import things into the us and export stuff back out) and in college for information technology with a concentration in web design and development (which is where i get my coding knowledge from). i love everything harry potter, doctor who, and sherlock. on pottermore, i've only ever gotten ravenclaw and slytherin never ever anything else. uhhhhh. idk that's pretty much it i'm lame and never leave my house unless i have to.
anything else
i only coded this because i'm a sucker for peer pressure.

--------------------
July 2017; a new term has started at school so i'll probably be busy for the next week or so settling in but worry not! i'll still be hanging around.

Sempiterno.

PMAIM
^
Tina
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 07:33 AM

Tina

caution member

pronouns:

34 posts

name/alias:tina
preferred pronouns:they/their

team choice: graphic as I know made picture edits idk what premade is but in graphics edits i'm great
time zone:est
caution join date:Well long time before I do not remember the date

prior experience: Well to be honest I've been admin on my forum site,also created some picture edits for people who love to role play .
examples of work: you must provide links (as many as you can) for your best work. coding, post any skins/templates/etc. you've made. graphics, post graphic resources/sigs/site .Well I not have much graphics I made but I'll try to find some and upload it here http://imgur.com/a/Vndf7

test run: on caution, graphics and coding moderators are responsible for independently handling any minor issues that arise in their sections. one such example of a minor issue is the following scenario:

member X has posted up two requests in either the coding or graphics section, whichever you are applying for. as a moderator, you need to send them a message letting them know that this is against the rules so that they are aware of the problem and a resolution can be found.

[quote]your pm here -- Dear member x I just wanted to warn you that in your requests we have found that you break our rules please keep on mind to read rules again cause after third warning we will not accept your requests anymore.

thanks!
Tina & the caution staff

what's your favourite part of making graphics or coding? (we're just curious!!):My favorite part of making graphics is to add some great layers things on pictures and that graphic on which I work look good to person who asked for graphic .
tell us about you: describe your life offline, school, interests, your dog, etc. we just want to know you!Well that is not so hard I love to spending my free time with my family ,watching tv ,talk with friends ,listen favorite music and walk outside with my dog .But my favorite thing in free time is taking photos with my mobile I really enjoy in that.
anything else we might need to know:I am really good in picture edits and text edits for pictures I still learning .Also I am really good in advertisements things but coding and css I don't know that part as also as making premades but all things about graphics I know if it's needed I'll learn how to make premades and coding thing.
PM
^
evvie
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 08:11 PM

evvie

caution member

pronouns:

102 posts

name/alias: evvie
preferred pronouns: she/her

team choice: coding!
time zone: est
caution join date: forever ago - i honestly cannot tell you when that was. it was back before we switched from invisionfree, though.

prior experience: I've admined many sites since I started rping. Currently, I am an admin on two sites: OIABM and AC. As for coding, I am completely self-taught and started coding back when I was on Neopets!! I'll link more under examples, but I am very determined to figure out anything that people ask me to do and love to investigate what various codes do. I would consider myself an expert in HTML and CSS, though I'm just beginning to learn more about jquery. If you'd like to see more sites/examples, I am happy to link to others.

examples of work: OIABM? - the skin and all templates on the site were made by me. The mini-profile and profile view were also custom coded by me. Other examples of skins I've built:

SIOL - another custom skin by me with most templates made by me unless otherwise marked.

wikipedia template | imdb template | iTunes inspired template

I do not have a gallery at this time, though that would probably be easier. I actually made a gallery and am working on putting a bunch of my old and new templates on caution; click here to see the gallery. If you'd like to see more examples, please do not hesitate to pm me - I'm happy to pull more out.

test run: on caution, graphics and coding moderators are responsible for independently handling any minor issues that arise in their sections. one such example of a minor issue is the following scenario:

hello member x!

thank you for posting coding requests on our site!  we've noticed that you posted two requests in the coding section, here and here.  while we understand that you need both of these codes, it is our policy here at CTTW to only post one request at a time.  we have archived both of these requests at this time.  please feel free to reply to me here or post here with the link to the request you'd wish to have completed first so we can move it back.  once that request is completed, you can post here to have that one marked complete and then reopen the other one.

if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me or any other member of the Caution staff. 

thank you for your time and cooperation,
evvie & the Caution staff

what's your favourite part of making graphics or coding? (we're just curious!!): coding is so relaxing to me and i love working with it until it does exactly what i want. it used to be so intimidating to me, but now i spend my free time making up new codes for my site or the sites of my friends. plus, seeing the reaction of everyone else as they love - or even don't like - what I code adds some element of surprise to the whole process as i get to discover what people really like/don't like and edit them to their particular needs.

tell us about you: i am a 22 year old grad student studying to become a teacher. i'm also a crazy cat lady and love snuggling up with any of my five cats. currently engaged and recovering from a foot surgery, i spend most of my days either doing homework, planning my wedding, reading, cuddling cats, or online rping. harry potter is my life, but i also am obsessed with so many different series that it would take too long to list here. <3 for my activity, i am on every day to at least check in, but most of my time recently has been spent just working on codes both for private and public use. once school starts back up in september, i'll be busier during the day time for me but will definitely be on for hours at night because i love to shamelessly distract myself.

anything else we might need to know: thank you for just considering me!! caution is my go-to resource site for everything and i would love to help keep it running. this would be the best opportunity for me to learn how to do more with my coding skills by helping others via filling requests or finally putting up that coding gallery ~

also everyone is making these look super fancy and awesome, but i must not fall for the peer pressure and change it up. >.<

--------------------

july 5th, 2017

i am currently recovering from my foot surgery, which means i have so much extra free time. will be around a lot more as i work on resting and healing.

PM
^
inquisitor
 Posted: Jul 8 2017, 01:38 AM

elvira

caution member

pronouns: She/Her

13 posts

name/alias: delta

team choice: coding
time zone: gmt +1
caution join date: 30 August '16

prior experience: i've been admin on a lot of sites, most recently infinity which is the 2.0 version of the wall, arcadia bay which is still a work in progress. gamma is also a work in progress.

in the past: baton rouge, saint lumiere, ilvermorny

examples of work: CODES!
test run:

Hi, member x!

I see that you have applied for two requests in the coding section. I understand that it's important that you get help with both codes, but since it is against the rules to apply more than one at a time, I have moved both to the archive.

If you want one of the requests moved back to the request forum please notify me or someone else in the staff. If not, you are welcome to apply again.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Thank you,
Delta & the Caution staff

what's your favourite part of making graphics or coding? (we're just curious!!): I kind of like the struggle a bit, just to see how the work develops to until the end result.
tell us about you: So i'm a nerd of a bunch of multifandoms that likes to play video games and have taco nights with my friends. I'm 26 years old, living in Sweden with my mother. I'm half danish! I like to read a lot, but I don't usually read any new books instead I read all the books that I already own over and over again, because I'm picky. I have studied psychology, is a self-taught photographer and has roleplayed for 14 years this year. I'm self-taught encoder too, but only at a hobby level - so I'm not especially good with advanced css or html.
anything else we might need to know: No.

--------------------
PM
^
SUPREME
 Posted: Jul 9 2017, 05:59 PM

brooklyn

caution member

188 posts

HI, I'M BROOKLYN

NAME / PRONOUNS / AGE

brooklyn, she/her, 25

TEAM / ZONE / JOINED

coding, est, pre-2010ish

PRIOR EXPERIENCE

i’m going to be honest, i don’t remember exact dates and i know my positions changed a couple times so these are estimates: caution coding (with stints as graphic/sec) early 2011 - late 2013, a thousand fireflies challenge/ad/sec mod late 2011 - early 2013, rcr coding mod 2012, shine founder - early 2013

EXAMPLES

i don’t have a coding gallery yet, but a lot of things i’ve posted can be found in here.

TEST RUN

Dear X,

This is just a quick reminder that we only allow one coding request at a time, as per Caution rules. Your requests, title x and title x are therefore in violation of these rules. We’ve gone ahead and moved both requests to the Dead/Frozen section, but you can reopen either request by posting in the Reopen Request thread.

Please keep in mind that repeated offenses will result in a ban. You can reread the coding request rules here.

Sincerely,
Brooklyn & CTTW Coding Team

FAVORITE PART OF CODING

tbh getting to learn coding. i picked up coding way back in the day on so damn shallow and just found it to be a really fun hobby — and kept with it. i don’t want to say it’s necessarily relaxing, but it’s fun getting to watch myself grow as a coder and learning new tricks.

TELL US ABOUT YOU

i’m an old fart. (i’m jk but i do feel old in rp years) i enjoy long walks on the beach and long, luxurious bubble baths (honestly though i do). i have an undying love for music, and will geek out over everything 60s/70s folk and rock. i’m a big streetware fanatic — think supreme/stüssy/crooks, but simultaneously love tailored clothing?? so if that doesn’t define me then idk.

i do work in a start-up environment so my activity is incredibly sporadic. i’ll be on at times endlessly, and other times just trying to catch up with sleep.

ANYTHING ELSE

in true brooklyn fashion i’m going to be completely transparent in order to allow all of you to make an informed decision: i have no plans to make skins. i’ve never enjoyed making skins, and while i might try to pick it up again in the future, that’s not something i can promise.

--------------------
TEENAGE

FEVER

TUMBLR 1 TUMBLR 2 HYMN
PMWebsiteAIM
^
YUKI
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 10:08 AM

Yuki

caution member

pronouns: She/Her

15 posts

name/alias: Yuki

team choice: graphic
time zone: GMT+8
caution join date: 13th May 2016

prior experience: I had modded at Fourth Wall as mission mod. My experience goes further, being an admin in safe song. I have also modded in showdown until may this year. Currently, I'm an admin at ADAM.
examples of work: the gallery and deviantart

Hello, member x!

I'm here to inform you that you have violated our rules by posting two requests in the graphic section. I understand you need both of the requests but as per rule in caution, you are only allowed to have one request at a time. For the time being, I have archived both of the requests.

However, if you still need either one of the requests, please, feel free to notify me or other staff members to move the request back to the board. If you have any doubts or questions, feel free to contact me!

Thank you,
Yuki & the Caution Staff

what's your favourite part of making graphics or coding?: I love making graphics, especially seeing it blend together making them completely new image. It also releases my stress especially after an exhausting day of school.
tell us about you: I'm currently studying Graphic Design at a private university in Malaysia. I'm 22 years old and I live with my family currently. I'm the oldest among four of my siblings and I have 3 cats, 2 female, and 1 male. I honestly fell in love with graphic design after a friend of mine from Pennsylvania teaches me how to graphic. I think it was 3 years ago I started making graphics? Yeah, 3 years ago. I started at Facebook and gradually making graphics for forums.
anything else we might need to know: No.
PM
^
greywaren.
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 04:34 PM

jurate

caution member

971 posts

name/alias: jurate

team choice: graphics
time zone: gmt
caution join date: 2009ish? I think? It's been a long time!

prior experience: Caution 2.0 Graphics moderator until last year August for about 3 years? I think?, Graphics moderator on A Thousand Fireflies last year, currently on the Awards Team on Shadowplay, I can't remember the exact dates sadly.

examples of work: click for my graphics gallery

Hello Member,
I am sending this PM to inform you that you may not post more than one request in the Graphics Request boards, that includes both the main request board and the Flower Shops. The requests which I am referring to are here and here, I will be deleting the more recent post, in case the other graphics maker has already started your request, I have included a quotation of your post in case you would like to repost your request once the current one is completed. It can be an easy mistake to make, so I encourage you to have a look through the Graphic Request rules again, which can be found here.

If you're unclear about anything in this message, feel free to message me or any of the Graphics moderators.

Thank you,
Jurate & The Graphics Team

what's your favourite part of making graphics or coding? (we're just curious!!): I like the part of making graphics when it's ~The End. When you've finally thrown everything together hoping for the best and it actually turns out looking better than expected. As someone who is very critical of their own work, I definitely treasure those blissful moments when I'm happy with a graphic I've made. I also enjoy it when people like to use my resources, whether it's icons or PSD's, mainly because I like creating them and knowing they're not going to waste.

tell us about you: This section is difficult for me, because I don't even really know myself that well, but hey ho. I'm originally from Lithuania, though I'm more British than anything, having lived here for fifteen years. I work as an English Tutor currently, though I am looking for another job at the moment, so I have a lot of free time on my hands. I have a beautiful dog called Nellie, and three fluffy rabbits to keep me company! I aspire to be a dog groomer one day, I feel like that would be the best job in the world. I enjoy going to concerts (My favourite band is You Me At Six and I have seen them live, like, 7 times, close second is All Time Low at 5 times) and drinking cocktails. I also enjoy reading, writing and many, many TV series which I don't think I need to go into or we'll be here all day. I'm a friendly, nice person though I am known to be quite shy sometimes. My favourite colour is yellow, and British food s u c k s compared to Lithuanian food, (why is everything so bland??).

anything else we might need to know: I will be going away for a week on the 2nd of August with no internet access, but that's only until the 7th!

--------------------

JURATE

You're part of a machine, you are not a human being

6 july i am currently taking requests in my flower shop! Make sure to read all the rules. <3 thank you to the wonderful nicole (thunderstruck) for my graphic set!

PMAIM
^
Highwater
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 08:58 PM

Vic

caution member

529 posts

Vic

preferred pronouns / age

She/her / 21

team choice

Graphics & coding

time zone

UTC -3 (Buenos Aires)

caution join date

Around 2013, I believe. became active in 2015

prior experience

I've been a staff member at Shadowplay since 2014 (Directory Moderator). I'm currently an admin, head of Directory and Resource areas. I was previously a graphics mod at Caution for a few months in 2015.
Ran my own graphics & resources site, Precious Graphics (A Spanish speaking community) for eight years. I chose to shut it down last year to focus on different things.

examples of work

graphics gallery - orchids
coding gallery - nestling
resources tracker - graphic resources
testing ground - more codes
deviantart - more graphics

test run

Hello Username,

We’ve noticed your activity in the graphic/coding requests section and while your enthusiasm is appreciated, I wanted to remind you of the request rules at Caution! Only one request is allowed at the time. We noticed you already had one there and because of that, your most recent request (located here) has been archived.
You are welcome to reopen it once the original has been filled, or ask for one to be archived before posting a new one. Just keep in mind you can only have one request open at any given time.
If you have any questions, or believe there's been a mistake, please don't hesitate to contact myself or another member of staff.

— Vic and the Caution Staff

fave part of graphics & coding

Considering I study graphic design and all design is what my life revolves around, I enjoy every part of it. I love the struggle of not having the technical knowledge to do everything I want, but also knowing I have the possibility to learn whatever I want if I give it enough time and effort.

I absolutely adore being able to start out from a very basic thing and giving it my style and my aesthetics. I also really enjoy improving with everything I do with time and being able to look back and appreciate my progress. I'm super hard on my graphics and my coding, but I'm happy to try and grow as a designer every day and help out anyone who wants to do it with me too.

Both graphics and coding can be both a very stressful thing and a very relaxing activity for me. At the same time. And as I'm usually a little anxious human, it's about the right thing for me.

I've been enjoying making resources and filling requests quite a lot lately, because it makes me attempt things I wouldn't otherwise do. It's quite a nice challenge.

about me

My name's Victoria but I usually go by just Vic. I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina (In South America: right at the bottom). I'm 21 years old and a graphic design student at the University of Buenos Aires. I speak Spanish and English, the latter being my second language. So please forgive me if I sound dumb sometimes! :c

I've been making graphics for a bit over a decade now, while coding is more of a recent thing which I started between 2014-2015. I'm still learning a lot of things and I definitely feel a bit "limited" in my skill sometimes, but I've been super passionate about coding along with graphics for a while now and I enjoy both equally.

I'm the worst person when it comes to watching movies, but I do like some TV shows, especially comedies. Music is my big passion, though. My taste is quite varied but a lot of it centers around alternative rock/metal music clashing against super common pop music. You can find anything on my Spotify playlists.

My pets are the best and I'm an absolute cat lady. Send me all of your cat pics and gifs I WILL CHERISH THEM.

anything else

Thank you for getting to the end of this! Here, have a cookie :*

--------------------

vic

21 years old. buenos aires, argentina. spanish & english speaking.
send me a pm if you ever need me ♥
discord: victoria#9521

PMWebsiteAIM
^
LILY COLLINS
 Posted: Jul 18 2017, 08:23 PM

mel

caution member

124 posts

orange is my colour thx

personal info

mel | she/her | 20 | gmt

team preference

coding i guess

on caution 2.0, idk when. around 2013. on this site, 2015.

prior experience

haha well, if by experience you mean admined three sites that are now dead and currently a code mod on a dying proboards site then i am the person for you (though that pb site ran for 4 years with multiple moves, we're currently trying to revive it, and my main job was literally just helping people with codes lmao)

example work

test run

hey member x. we noticed you posted two coding requests, one and two, which is currently against the rules. they have been moved to the archives but feel free to request to reopen one now and the other at a later date.

mel & the caution team blaze it

favourite part

the problem solving, the finished result, seeing others use my templates, the compliments.
    i guess i am also a designer at heart so it is fun seeing my designs come to life and work out the way i want them to.

about me

i have two dogs, one is a collie cross golden retriever, but she looks like a black lab. she's called laila (lou, princess). the other is a terrier mix and is called ralph (ralphus, buddy, buh-buh). he is small and cuddly and she is big and grumpy and racis- oh, me? fine, i guess...

i'm a full time graphic design student so warning now i will get busy. currently working at a glassblowing studio over summer, though i've been working there for 6 years now. scottish and proud (#indyref2). obsessed with lily collins if you hadn't noticed already.

anything else

like brooklyn, i do not plan on making skins. just expect all the template from me xx

p.s. make the coding colour orange

--------------------
그녀의 추진력
PM
^
nina zenik
 Posted: Yesterday at 01:38 pm

annie

administrator

1821 posts

REMINDER!

don't forget that our staff search is over on july 23rd! we'll be closing the search in the evening central time (GMT -6). we will be announcing our new staffers shortly after that! please make sure to apply before this if you're interested in staffing on caution and if you have any questions, please direct them at one of the admins!

--------------------

i'm orienting at my new job right now and it's taking a bit to get ~used to it all so i'm tired a lot when i come home. i'm still here just a little more quiet than normal05/25

PMWebsiteAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned exclusively by essi for cttw. cookies by kismet

CTTW STAFF SEARCH & MEMBER FEEDBACK SURVEY!

Provide us feedback on our community, cbox, resources, and staff team!

member feedback survey!!!

Apply to join our coding and graphics teams!! Seeking 4 moderators for each until july 23!

staff search!!!
[close]